Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation
Main Navigation


Ajax Loading Image


McKinney-Vento Act

When a child loses permanent housing and becomes a homeless person as defined at law, or when a homeless child changes his or her temporary living arrangements, the parent or guardian of the homeless child has the option of either:

  1. continuing the child's education in the school of origin for as long as the child remains homeless or, if the child becomes permanently housed, until the end of the academic year during which the housing is acquired; or
  2. enrolling the child in any school that non-homeless students who live in the attendance area in which the child or youth is actually living are eligible to attend.

Any homeless child shall be immediately admitted even if the child or child’s parent/guardian is unable to produce records normally required to establish residency.

If you believe your children may be eligible, contact the school or regional liaison to find out what services and supports may be available. 

School Contact:  Andrea Wibbell, Homeless Liason

School Contact:  Alissa Tucker, Principal

Regional Liaison: Eileen Shoup, Regional Office of Education #26   

Contact Number:  (309) 575-3259

If you need further assistance with your children's educational needs, contact the National Center for Homeless Education: