We administer several tests throughout the school year. Some are standardized tests and others are local assessments. The data is used to improve instruction and assist in determining if a student is in need of academic support.
- Students in grades K-8 will participate in MAP (Measures of Academic Progress) for demonstrating individual student growth in reading and math.
- Students in grades 3-8 will participate in PARCC (Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers). This is the standardized test administered throughout the State of Illinois to determine student proficiency in meeting learning standards in English Language Arts, Reading and Math.
- Students in grades 5 and 8 will participate in the ISA (Illinois Science Assessment). This is a standardized test used throughout the State of Illinois to assess student understanding of science concepts and skills.
- K-8 students will be assessed using AimsWeb as a benchmarking tool to determine which students might be in need of extra educational supports.
- K-8 students will be assessed using the STAR test to determine a student’s reading level range for Accelerated Reader books.
K-8 students will be assessed using Fountas and Pinnell Benchmark assessment to determine student growth in reading and writing concepts.